[TYPO3-RTE] Extend RTE by an own Button and function

Stanislas Rolland typo3 at sjbr.ca
Fri Mar 21 16:19:55 CET 2008

Hi Georg,

> is there any demo out how do use the API to get an own api with a popup
> and some functionality in it?

Sorry, not yet. But you can have a look at how any plugin such as
FindReplace, DefaultClean or CharacterMap is built in TYPO3 4.2. Within
the RTE itself, all buttons with popups are built as extensions using
the API. The file structure is the same and is as described in the
documentation of the API. For an external extension, I think the only
difference would be the extension file (ext_emconf.php)... I know that
the API needs some more documentation, especially when used from the
popup html document.

P.S. I will be publishing an extension of the RTE as soon as TYPO3 4.2
is released, but without any popup. If your extension is of general
interest, we could make it a demo.