[TYPO3-RTE] IE breaks custom tag

Uschi Renziehausen typo3news at otherone.de
Mon Jun 16 19:37:03 CEST 2008

Hi Stefan,

Stefan Beylen wrote:
> Uschi Renziehausen wrote:
>> as I am currently exploring DAM I found about how stuff is done with
>> the media tag (used for links to files). In RTE you have a normal a
>> element with some special attributes.
>> They introduce a new transformation type (ts_media) that makes that a
>> element to a media tag on the way from rte->db and the other way
>> round. I like the idea of those custom attributes.
>
> hm, I think (dont know dam very good) this is something completely
> different
>
> the problem is not rte->db, the actual problem is IE->rte, so not even
> when saving, it happens instantly when inserting via the popup window

This is why DAM does it that way. RTE (and therefore IE) only ever sees
the a element, because on the way back from DB to RTE the media element
is retransformed to <a ... dam="4711">sksksk</a>. Thus, IE is happy and
with those custom attributes (which do not break anything in IE) you can
still do all operations.

Uschi