[TYPO3-RTE] css used by RTE HtmlArea - is there any cache ?

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Fri Jun 6 19:34:37 CEST 2008

Stanislas Rolland schrieb:
> Hi Chris,
>>
>> this is something I deal with for a long time now :
>> when I work on a specific stylesheet used by the RTE, I have to rename
>> it and change this line according to the css name :
>>
>> example : my css is named rte.css
>> in page TS Config, I have this :
>> RTE.default.contentCSS=fileadmin/templates/rte.css
>>
>> if I modify rte.css by adding a new style, I usually do this : rename
>> the css like rte2.css
>>
>> + modify TS Config :
>> RTE.default.contentCSS=fileadmin/templates/rte2.css
>>
>> If I don't, the changes don't take effect in the RTE
>>
>> Is there a way to avoid this, or is there a cache I could clear
>> specifically for this ?
>>
> I think this is a browser cache issue. You need to clear the browser
> cache. For some reason, the browser does not recognize that the css file
> was modified.

As it is very annoying to ask all users of a customer to clear their
browser caches, I'd like to see that the user provided file is copied
with a timestamp/md5 in typo3temp. I habe suggested this once.

Shall I file a bug report for it? Shouldn't be too hard to implement.
Are patches for the RTE welcome?

Masi