[TYPO3-RTE] Table in Unordered List

Uschi Renziehausen typo3news at otherone.de
Sat Dec 6 12:05:54 CET 2008

Hi Tapio,

Tapio Markula wrote:
> Uschi Renziehausen
>> comfortable table editor
> I looked current htmlarea - tinyMCE has much nicer table dialogs -
> htmlarea has ugly big dialogs. It is just ugly.

What do you mean by nicer? More beautiful or more functional/usable?

>> including zebra tables
>
> Not supported in tinyMCE if you mean by that even odd rows ( I didn't
> find them in htmlarea rte).

What do you mean by 'you did not find them' in rtehtmlarea? They have
been available since the release of typo3 4.2. You need to configure the
appropriate classes as described in the docs:

RTE.classes {
		// Zebra table: rows
	tb-zebra-rows {
		name = LLL:EXT:acadrteconf/locallang_rte.xml:css-zebra-rows
		alternating {
			rows {
				  // first row is 1 (odd) not 0
				startAt = 1
				  // odd tr in tbody
				oddClass = tr-odd
				  // even tr in tbody
				evenClass = tr-even
					// odd tr in thead
				oddHeaderClass = header-odd
					// even tr in thead
				evenHeaderClass = header-even
			}
		}
	}

		// Zebra table: cols
	tb-zebra-cols {
		name = LLL:EXT:acadrteconf/locallang_rte.xml:css-zebra-cols
		alternating {
			columns {
					// first column is 1 (odd) not 0
				startAt = 1
					// odd td in tbody
				oddClass = td-odd
					// even td in tbody
				evenClass = td-even
					// odd th on top (either inside thead or tr.thead)
				oddHeaderClass = th-odd
					// odd th on top (either inside thead or tr.thead)
				evenHeaderClass = th-even
			}
		}
	}

}

Also: make sure that the classes mentioned above are listed under
RTE.default.proc.allowedClasses and under
RTE.buttons.blockstyle.tags.[tagname].allowedClasses. The latter has
been also introduced with typo3 4.2 and lets you define which classes
are allowed for which blockelement (same for
RTE.buttons.textstyle.tags.[tagname].allowedClasses)

For the table related stuff it looks like this in my installation:

RTE.buttons.blockstyle.tags {
	table.allowedClasses = tb-zebra-rows, tb-zebra-cols, float-left,
float-right
	caption.allowedClasses = tb-caption-top, align-left, align-right,
align-center, align-justify
	tr.allowedClasses = tr-odd, tr-even, header-odd, header-even,
tb-highlight-1, tb-highlight-2, tb-highlight-3, align-left, align-right,
align-center
	td.allowedClasses = td-odd, td-even, tb-highlight-1, tb-highlight-2,
tb-highlight-3,  align-left, align-right, align-center
	th.allowedClasses = header-odd, header-even, th-odd, th-even,
tb-highlight-1, tb-highlight-2, tb-highlight-3,  align-left,
align-right, align-center
}

To prevent that one element has contradictory classes, make sure that
the contradictory classes are listed under RTE.mutuallyExclusiveClasses,
e.g.
RTE.mutuallyExclusiveClasses {
	10 = align-left,align-right,align-center,align-justify
	20 = indent,indentL,indentR
	30 = green,red,blue
	50 = decimal,lower-roman,upper-roman,lower-alpha,upper-alpha
	60 = tr-odd,tr-even,header-odd,header-even
	80 = td-odd,td-even
	85 = th-odd,th-even
	86 = tb-highlight-1, tb-highlight-2, tb-highlight-3
	90 = nobullets,bullet1,linklist
	100 = cscheme1-rte,cscheme2-rte,cscheme3-rte,cscheme4-rte
	110 = tb-zebra-cols, tb-zebra-rows
	120 = floatL, floatR, float-left, float-right
}

Prosit, Uschi