[TYPO3-RTE] Special rendering for DAM MP3 links

Jochen Rieger j.rieger at connecta.ag
Tue Aug 19 17:59:16 CEST 2008

Hi Stanislas,

first of all thanks a lot for your extensive and comprehensive answer.

I already tried to develop an htmlarea plugin. As examples to learn from
I had a look into your "rtehtmlarea_definitionlist" and
"rtehtmlarea_dummyplugin".

I have to admit I was struggling a lot finally with the JS code. Not my
strength as it seems. :)

I then decided to go the "nasty" way. I'm using a datamap hook for
parsing links in the rte field, then replace any ".mp3" links with the
object / param code inserting the original href (pointing to the mp3
file). It's working... but of cause it's a mean hack! ;)

I will follow your suggestions later on and try to develop a reusable
extension to implement an MP3 flashplayer within RTE content.

Thanks again and regards,
Jochen