[TYPO3-RTE] bulletlist with span

Uschi Renziehausen typo3news at otherone.de
Wed Nov 7 00:27:09 CET 2007

Hi Sebastian,

I am assuming that you are running your RTE with an external css file
and that your green bullet is an image. In this case, all things can be
easily done using CSS.

In your CSS define something like this.

<ul class="green-bullets">

In your CSS:

ul.green-bullets {padding-left}

ul.green-bullets li {
	list-style: none;
	background-image:url(greenbullet.gif);
	background-repeat: no-repeat;
	padding-left: 15px;
	background-position: 0px 1ex;
}

Your name sounds german, therefore a german css guide for the background
stuff: http://www.css4you.de/backgroundproperty.html

Then you have to make the RTE aquainted with your class. I am assuming,
that you use a css file, which you connect to RTE like this:

To make the class show up in the list of paragraph classes, you have to
define it at the following places:

1) RTE.classes.green-bullets.name = Green bullets
2) Add your class to RTE.default.classesParagraph

To add the CSS class to your list, type your list, select the ul element
through the bottom bar at the RTE, choose Green bullets from the select
list and you are done.

I hope this helps,

prosit, Uschi