[TYPO3-RTE] RTE saves different dependig on the browser version?

Patrick Schuster pschuster at n-o-g.de
Tue Jul 17 17:14:51 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I've a problem, which is a bit curious and I do not know if this is a
misconfiguration or a bug.

Situation:

I want to insert a custom tag in the RTE. So I insert a HTML and save it
(in fact it is a bit more complicated as I use a wizard, but basically I
produce the following HTML code).

Let's say, my text is as follows:

This <docuportallink id="12">is</docuportal> a test.

Firefox FF
==========
In FF everthing is working as expected. The RTE writes the HTML from
above in the Database and retrieves it exactly to display it again in
the RTE.

IE6 + IE7
=========
In IE6+IE7 however I get the following HTML in the RTE after saving:
id="123456789"></docuportallink>is</docuportallink><//docuportallink> a
test</p>

In the meantime the database contains the following code:
This <docuportallink id="123456789">is</docuportallink> a test

So the database contains the correct code, but after retrieving back to
the RTE there is a transformation which is not correct.

Of course I have proper TS settings.

As it is correct in the database you can think it's no big deal, but if
IE-User will open such an content element and save it again the garbage
will of course saved then.

Do you have a clue what happend here?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Patrick