[TYPO3-RTE] Newbie help needed for RTE; not seeing my styles

Jonathan Hirschman jonathan at relevantevidence.com
Wed Sep 6 21:25:04 CEST 2006

I'm trying to figure out how to have my own styles. Nothing is appearing
in the RTE selector, although my class is showing up in the TSconfig
hierarchy viewer.

I'm guessing that I'm missing something simple or did something stupid
;) Any help appreciated.

Here's what I did (I'm being very explicit here, because I'm kind of new
with Typo3):

"root" is the root page of my site

Page->edit->root->Edit page properties

In TSconfig:

RTE.default.showButtons = *
RTE.config.tt_content.bodytext.showButtons  = *
RTE.config.tableName.columnName.showButtons  = *
RTE.default.showTagFreeClasses = 1
RTE.config.tt_content.bodytext.proc.allowedClasses = REBodyTest

RTE.classes {
	REBodyTest {
		name = REBodyTest
		value = color: green; background-color: black;
	}
}
RTE.default {
      ignoreMainStyleOverride = 1
      classesCharacter = REBodyTest
      classesParagraph = REBodyTest
      contentCSS = EXT:fileadmin/template/re_dynamicCSS.css
}

The contents of the file re_dynamicCSS.css:

p.REBodyTest {color:green; background-color: black;}

Thanks in advance for your patience with the newbie.

jh