[TYPO3-RTE] Rte and TVoila Contend Object

Andreas Wolf ng at nospam.andreaswolf.info
Sat Oct 28 13:40:18 CEST 2006

Hello Xatucans,

Xatucans wrote:
> After that I created a new Contend Object with Template Voila. This object
> has a  "Rich text editor for bodytext" editing type field. The problem
> starts when I insert my new Conted Object in a page with the showButtons
> limitation above, becasue this limitation doesn´t work and it show me all
> the rte area buttons.
That's a "limitation" of the DS-wizard of TV. The definition of the
richtext-editor is wrong. If I understood you correctly, the following fix
will work: Edit the Data-Structure directly and search the XML for the
section <TCEforms type="array">. There you'll find a tag <defaultExtras>
with a content like richtext[bold...]:rte_transform[...]. Change it to this

<defaultExtras>richtext[*]:rte_transform[flag=rte_enabled
mode=ts_css]</defaultExtras>

to make limitations work. The only problem now is that it's not possible to
show different buttons for two RTEs in one DS. That's because the whole
content is saved in the db-field tt_content:tx_templavoila_flex, and so
only the TSconfig for this field is used - no way to get a special
configuration for single TV-fields, at least AFAIK.

Another possibility is that you only limited the buttons for the field
tt_content:bodytext in your TSconfig. Just change this to the whole table
tt_content or copy it for the field tt_content:tx_templavoila_flex.

Greets,

Andreas