[TYPO3-RTE] rtehtmlarea ie css problem (ok in firefox)

news.netfielders.de chris at ready-set-go.biz
Tue Oct 24 03:09:38 CEST 2006

Hi,

I'm really struggling with why rtehtmlarea is working completely differently
in IE 6.0 than in Firefox.

I'm using
TYPO3 v. 4.0.2.
rtehtmlarea v. 1.4.2
Linux/Apache server

I have it set for CSS styles and all works well in Firefox (e.g.bold
produces <p style="font-weight: bold;">)
But in IE, it's not providing CSS styles (e.g. bold produces <strong>)

I've read a little about the internet explorer caching problem in the
documentation (Apache mod_gzip), but I am not certain if this is the same
issue.  I've tried to apply the fix, without success so far.  If someone can
confirm that this is the root source, I will wrestle with the suggested
solutions further...

Have others had this experience?

Chris