[TYPO3-RTE] Internal vs External links

Silke Arend sa at externes-management.de
Wed Nov 1 16:32:57 CET 2006

Hi Fredrik,

I can't tell you why HTMLArea is configured this way, but to me it makes sense! Internal links open by default in the same window - simply because you don't set any value for the target attribute. You don't need _top for that.

External links do the same by default, which is a prerequisite to be compliant to (X)HTML strict.

As soon as you use the target attribute you can't have (X)HTML strict anymore. Since I like external links to open in a new window, myself, I stopped using XHTML strict and I am choosing the _blank value with each external link.

I assume there must be a way to do this via setup, which I might try to find out some day. Because of the above mentioned, it would just not be good to have this as the default of rtehtmlarea.

Silke