[TYPO3-RTE] Different margins for images

Jan Wulff messages at janwulff.de
Sun May 28 17:28:12 CEST 2006

Hi Ben,
>> just a short question, maybe I've overlooked something. Is there no way to
>> set different margins (paddings) for the left and the right side of an
>> image in the "select image" dialog in rtehtmlarea? Thanks.
> No and yes ;-) The basic clickable things are just horizontal and
> vertical ,but you could also add a class that does just that in your css
> of choice:
So for me it's no. ;-) Thanks. I'm using css classes quite abundantly,
but sometimes my editors want to position a specific element and I surely
don't want to give them access to the css files.

I've changed the code of the extension to add this feature. The fields for
image paddings now also accept values splitted by a slash, f.e. "50/100".
The first value is used for the top or left padding, the second for the
bottom or right padding. Everything else works as before. I only tested the
new code on two installations and with Firefox and IE 6.0, but it should
work in all supported browsers. I attached the diffs with the changed code
to this post. I would be glad to hear some feedback, if this works for
others, too.

Stanislas, maybe you could implement this in the official code. Then I
wouldn't have to patch every new version for my editors. :-)

Best Regards
Jan