[TYPO3-RTE] bug? - links between subdomains

Klaus Hinum k_hinum at hotmail.com
Tue May 2 08:26:35 CEST 2006

ben van 't ende [netcreators] schrieb:
> Stanislas Rolland wrote:
>
>>Klaus Hinum a écrit :
>>
>>>or in other words why is it not possible (or what are the wrong
>>>preferences on my installation) to link between two pages, that belong
>>>to different domains and just select the page and typo3 adds the
>>>CORRECT (not like now the current) domain?
>>>

>>This is part of the typolink transformation process. The link is entered
>>in the RTE with an absolute url. When processed through the
>>transformation, if the host part of the url is equal to the host part of
>>the current site, the link is considered internal and the url is
>>replaced by the page id in the typolink tag. I doubt this would be new
>>to TYPO3 4.0. But if you enter an external url to a domain different
>>then the current domain, the link should be treated as external. Is it
>>not? Unless something goes wrong when the typolink is rendered in the
>>frontend? Can you report what the link looks like in the database?
>

> Hi,
>
> I just bumped into the same. In your TS setup you should add
> config.typolinkCheckRootline=1. Unfortunately RealURL is not preserved
> when linking from one site to another in the same installation. So you
> get links like http://www.tackhead.com/index.php?id=20 that should
> actually be http://www.tackhead.com/info/ontour/. I do not know what
> causes that.
>
> gRTz
>
> ben

so the config.typolinkCheckRootline=1 did not work for me (because i use
do not use RealURL but Simulate Static Document?)

The exact problem is
a) the RTE cuts off the domain name even if a subdomain is used ->
e.g. en.test.com/abc.358.0.html -> abc.358.0.html and is interpreted by
the browser on www.test.com as www.test.com/abc.358.0.html and that does
not work.

the link in the database is:
<link abc.358.0.html - external-link-new-window "Opens external link in
new window">link to other site</link>

b) if i chose the file from the file tree, the same happens. in the
database the link is only to the number but it is translated by typo3
without the right domain.

so the problem is
a) the rte cuts away the domain when entered as external domain - even
when it points to another subdomain than the current -> how to stop this

b) typo3 does not check if a link goes from one domain to another
(internally) and therefore does not add the correct (sub) domain to the
link if needed.

so is there any ts option to change this or is it a bug?
regards klaus