[TYPO3-RTE] RTE shows up in 'Mail form', 'Pain HTML' , 'Bullet list', 'Table' - fixed

Pieter pieter.v at gmx.net
Wed Mar 22 07:42:49 CET 2006

Stanislas Rolland wrote:
> Pieter a écrit :
>> Hello all,
>>
>> a strange problem on a 3.8.1 site (Template Auto-parser & Page
>> Template Selector) with htmlAreaRTE 1.2 installed: the RTE is loaded
>> when I create a new 'Mail form' or 'Pain HTML' or 'Bullet list' or
>> 'Table' content element.
>> And that is not good...  The normal, empty text field should be visible.
>>

> Not sure why you get this problem. A similar problem was in TYPO3
> 4.0beta3 but fixed in RC1.
>
> Have a look at defaultExtras on the bodytext column of tt_content in
> TCA. RTE should NOT be enabled at this level.
>
> Regards,
> Stanislas

Yes, got it!
A search on Typo3 with "bodytext" and "defaultextras" pointed me to
SR_FEUSER_REGISTER.
My 'good' site used 2.2.1 and the problem site used 2.2.4.  I updated
2.2.1 to 2.2.4 and the problem is present on my 'good' site too.

It seems to be fixed in the 2.2.6 version so the solution is simple:
update that component!  But not to the last version because it's Typo3
4.0 only.

Pieter