[TYPO3-RTE] RTE shows up in 'Mail form', 'Pain HTML' , 'Bullet list', 'Table' content elements: how can I fix this?

Pieter pieter.v at gmx.net
Wed Mar 22 07:14:47 CET 2006

Stanislas Rolland wrote:
> Pieter a écrit :
>> Hello all,
>>
>> a strange problem on a 3.8.1 site (Template Auto-parser & Page
>> Template Selector) with htmlAreaRTE 1.2 installed: the RTE is loaded
>> when I create a new 'Mail form' or 'Pain HTML' or 'Bullet list' or
>> 'Table' content element.
>> And that is not good...  The normal, empty text field should be visible.
>>

> Not sure why you get this problem. A similar problem was in TYPO3
> 4.0beta3 but fixed in RC1.
>
> Have a look at defaultExtras on the bodytext column of tt_content in
> TCA. RTE should NOT be enabled at this level.
>
> Regards,
> Stanislas

Stanislas, you seem to put me on the right track.

$TCA[tt_content][columns][bodytext][defaultExtras] does not exist on my
'good' site and contains 'richtext:rte_transform[mode=ts_css]' on the
problem-site.

If I only knew how to change this value.  I did put
$TCA['tt_content']['columns']['bodytext']['defaultExtras'] =

in localconf.php but that did not change a thing...

Is it correct in my assumption that probably and extension added this to
$TCA?

Pieter