[TYPO3-RTE] RTE shows up in 'Mail form', 'Pain HTML' , 'Bullet list', 'Table' content elements: how can I fix this?

Pieter pieter.v at gmx.net
Tue Mar 21 21:37:43 CET 2006

Hello all,

a strange problem on a 3.8.1 site (Template Auto-parser & Page Template
Selector) with htmlAreaRTE 1.2 installed: the RTE is loaded when I
create a new 'Mail form' or 'Pain HTML' or 'Bullet list' or 'Table'
content element.
And that is not good...  The normal, empty text field should be visible.

I have a test site without this problem (local WinXP installation), same
version but with Templavoila instead of the Template Auto-parser.

Some things i tried to find the problem:
- I created an empty page directly in the root of the site with the
default 'HELLO WORLD!' rootlevel template.  This does not make a
difference, the problem is also present on this page.

- I compared the installed extensions on the site with and without the
problem, but apart from the Templavoila/Template Auto-parser & Page
Template Selector they are all the same.

- I've been looking at the typoscript, page and user TS config,
$TYPO3_CONFIG_VARS, ...

- a long time ago, before tt_news supported the RTE, there were some
tricks to enable it in tt_news (news_plus).  This pointed me to
$TCA[tt_content][types][mailform][showitem] but this is the same on the
good and the bad site:
CType;;4;button;1-1-1, header;;3;;2-2-2,
bodytext;LLL:EXT:cms/locallang_ttc.php:bodytext.ALT.mailform;;nowrap:wizards[forms];5-5-5,
pages;LLL:EXT:cms/locallang_ttc.php:pages.ALT.mailform,
subheader;LLL:EXT:cms/locallang_ttc.php:subheader.ALT.mailform

I'm running out of inspiration...

Is there anyone how knows a good place to look?
Some way to debug this and find the problem?

Or is there maybe someone who solved this problem?

Kind regards,
Pieter