[TYPO3-RTE] A default is a default

Tue Mar 21 07:39:37 CET 2006

Stanislas Rolland schrieb:

Hello Stanislas,

>> Resulting in pathes like this: RTE.default.FE.FE.proc ...
>>
> This has already been fixed in CVS.

Fine. So this confusing thingy has gone.

> You are welcome to submit your proposal or override any default setting.

Let me still refer to the "Felix drinks the same like all"
configurations.

1.) FILE:EXT:css_styled_content/pageTSconfig.txt:

# TAGS ALLOWED
## Always use the same list of allowed tags.

RTE.default.proc{
  entryHTMLparser_db{
    allowTags < RTE.default.proc.allowTags
  }
}

2.) FILE:EXT:css_styled_content/pageTSconfig.txt:

## Use same RTE processing rules in FE
RTE.default.FE.proc < RTE.default.proc

3.) FILE:EXT:rtehtmlarea/res/typical/pageTSConfig.txt

## front end RTE configuration for the general public (htmlArea RTE only)
RTE.default.FE < RTE.default
RTE.default.FE.showStatusBar = 0
RTE.default.FE.hideButtons = chMode, blockstyle, etc.
RTE.default.FE.userElements >
RTE.default.FE.userLinks >

Stupid question: Are the default mechanisms defect, that you have to
copy settings to the individuals. It allways produces  large
configuration trees and confusing setups.

Even for the third case I would expect that simply setting

RTE.default.FE.showStatusBar = 0
RTE.default.FE.hideButtons = chMode, blockstyle, etc.
RTE.default.FE.userElements >
RTE.default.FE.userLinks >

should be enough to provide all necessary information.

Regards

Elmar