[TYPO3-RTE] htmlarea CSS Styles and <table>

Uschi Renziehausen typo3news at otherone.de
Mon Jun 5 18:23:53 CEST 2006

Hi Alexander,

 > I entered some hogher step of this problem ;-)
 > I don't know why, but also td- and tr-styles in the css-files are not
 > always recognized. Some are, some aren't.

I did encounter some problems with this as well. Sometimes it turned out
to be a mere browser cache problem. Make sure, it is REALLY cleared.
Sometimes the classes finally shew up only after I restarted the browser.

Apart from that, regarding table cells, the problem might also be this
one: As far as the selector boxes are concerned, multiple css selectors
are not interpreted.
The class will not show up, if, for example, you have defined a class
for th in your css file like this:

<codeCSS>
	thead th.first {border-bottom-color: #ffffff}
	tbody th.first {background-color: #ff0000}
</codeCSS>

As workaround I define my classes with a simple selector first:
<codeCSS>
	th.first {}
	thead th.first {border-bottom-color: #ffffff}
	tbody th.first {background-color: #ff0000}
</codeCSS>

The classes I defined for table rows (in the CSS File and in
RTE.classes, show up in the respective dialogue, but there are some
inconsitencies. If a class is only defined for TR and not for td/th,
then the selectorbox will show the css-code-name and not the title, that
has been defined under something RTE.classes.bgdarkred.name. If I have
defined the same class for td and tr (e.g. td.bglightblue and
tr.bglightblue), then the proper title is displayed, but both times
surrounded by lower than and greater than signs: <bgdarkred> or <Light
blue background>.

Unfortunately I encountered some bug concerning our original
classesTable solution. Table classes will only be selectable if you
define the same class for tbody as well:
<codeCSS>
  	table.scheme1 {background-color: navy}
	tbody.scheme1 {}
</codeCSS>

But now this very class does show up not only in the table properties
dialogue, but also in the row and cell dialogues although it has not
been defined for tr and td/th nor has it been added to
RTE.default.classesTD.

Ciao, Uschi