[TYPO3-RTE] Avoiding stolen entities when switching between html code view and wysiwyg view?

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Mon Jul 10 21:52:29 CEST 2006

Uschi Renziehausen schrieb:
> Hi Masi,
>
>>> - In wysiwyg I write < (some of us do have to talk ABOUT entities!).
>>> - I switch to code view and I see < where it should be <
>>
>> You must also *write* <.
>
> You do not call this a solution, do you?

Sorry, I thought you want to write it in HTML-mode.

 > What happens if I reload the
> content from the database and then store it again? I have to correct the
>   my text each time! Not me, but the html mode has to write < I
> am working wysiwyg!.

Hihi, you don't have to save it.

Enter < in HTML-mode and toggle to WYSIWYG (no it's <), back
(still &lt;!) and finally to WYSIWYG (finally <).

It seems that all the basic HTML entities (&lt; &gt; &quot; &amp;) are
not "escaped" by replacing the leading & with &amp; when switching to
HTML mode. Other entities like &auml; work like expected.

I tried to trick the editor by entering &amp;<span></span>lt; in the
HTML mode. But it survives only the first save.

Masi