[TYPO3-RTE] polish special characters

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Fri Jul 7 09:38:02 CEST 2006

Klaus Hinum schrieb:
> hi group,
>
> the rte does convert the polish special chars correctly in the html
> syntax eg. (Ę) but it displays the html syntax, which makes
> editing/reading nearly impossible.
>
> we have an installation with different languages, so switching to utf is
> not the solution (or is it the only possibility?)

The easiest solution for a *new* site is to use UTF-8.

But if I understand you you use the old native-charset approach (iso-8859-1
for German, iso-88591-2 for Polish, etc). So converting to UTF-8 would be
very difficult.

But if you edit the content with the same BE language then it should be
allright. Eg editors of German content must use the German (or English) BE
and editors of Polish content must use a Polish BE.

The RTE shouldn't convert any non-ASCII letters to HTML entities.

Masi