[TYPO3-RTE] Small visual problems in rtehtmlarea

Stanislas Rolland stanislas.rolland at fructifor.ca
Tue Jan 17 23:49:20 CET 2006

Hi Michael,

> I was working with the "Typical" configuration and Firefox 1.0.4. See
> Screenshot at http://www.mstucki.net/files/typo3/screenshots/rtehtmlarea.png:
>
> - The "Text" dropdown has for some reason slipped to the next line. Again, its
> height is too small...
>
> - At the end of the element, the text and the checkbox for disabling the RTE
> are overlaying the "Path". I suppose they should be on separate lines.

A difficult issue...

The checkbox is overlaid, because the Paragraph dropdown has suddenly
become wider, due to the longer names of the options enabled for the
current selection. The floating Text dropdown is therefore pushed on a
new line that did not exist when the editor was first loaded. Therefore
the combined height of the tool bar, editing frame and status bar is now
larger than the height of the original textarea.

The simplest solution would be to raise the default width of the editing
area from 460 to perhaps 530.

Would this break backward compatibility?