[TYPO3-RTE] Change font size in RTE

ben van 't ende [netcreators] ben at netcreators.nl
Tue Jan 17 21:18:59 CET 2006

Gideon So wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>

> Michael Stucki wrote:
>> Hi Gideon,
>>
>> Which font size do you want to change? The size of the generated
>> output or the size within the rtehtmlarea area of the backend?
>
> Oops. The generated output I mean.
>
>> Generally I must say that styling using <font> tags is very
>> outdated and should not be used anymore. I recommend to change the
>> font sizes using CSS instead.
>
> yes sir!!! Just found the truth on that one. But some of my clients
> needs to do thing this way, a more word-editor like way. Any easy way
> to change the font size??

Hi Gideon,

You could use a class for that. You can use your own classes in the RTE.

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/rtehtmlarea/Configuration-80/

> The CSS file that contains the style definitions that should be
> applied to the edited contents.
>
> The selectors defined in this file will also be used by the
> DynamicCSS and InlineCSS plugins in the block style and text style
> selection lists.
>
> Default: EXT:rtehtmlarea/htmlarea/plugins/DynamicCSS/dynamiccss.css
>
> For example, this default could be overridden with:
> fileadmin/styles/my_contentCSS.css

So for instance use:

p.bigger-font {
	font-size: 13px;
	}

The bigger-font class should show up in select box in RTE. You should
ofcourse also include this stylesheet in your webpage.

page {
    includeCSS
        # RTE HTMLarea config
        file11 = fileadmin/styles/contentCSS.css
        file11 {
                media = all
        }
}