[TYPO3-remotesurvey] caretaker

Francois Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Sun Oct 25 15:21:33 CET 2009

Hi all,

> i stumble upon
> http://forge.typo3.org/projects/show/extension-caretaker
>
> it sounds, at is something equal?

I finally found the same time to take a serious look at the caretaker
project. It may not be exactly equal to what we were planning to do, but
it's very close indeed. Some aims differ (like getting a list of all
installed extensions), but they could easily be built inside the frame
of the caretaker project. Indeed they have laid some very important
bricks, like secure communication between servers (using an exchange of
public/private keys) upon which many things can be built and not just
tests (which is the central part of caretaker until now).

So I think we should drop all work on the Remote Survey project and join
forces with the caretaker team, which is large and has the support of
two TYPO3 agencies. It's development is far more active than Remote
Survey's ever was. In effect, caretaker is already usable.

Thanks to those who participated in this project, and in particular to
Martin, who tried to keep it alive when I didn't have time.

See you on the other side ;-)

--

Francois Suter