[TYPO3-remotesurvey] commited changes to server an client

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Sun Jun 14 18:20:23 CEST 2009

Hi,

>> The weird thing is that you can create a record after having manually
>> created the first one. This would seem to be a core bug.
> There is a TCA Setting
> $TCA['tx_surveyserver_installs']['ctrl']['rootLevel'] = 1;
> which should allow to write on the globe?

Yes. And:

$TCA['tx_surveyserver_installs']['ctrl']['rootLevel'] = -1;

would actually allow to write those records to both globe and page.
Personally I would rather write these records to a sysFolder, so as to
have them grouped in the same place.

You must remember that these records are declared on the Remote Survey
*Server* and there's one record per client. So it doesn't make any more
sense to put them in the globe than anywhere else.

So I guess "-1" makes the most sense. And people can choose where they
want to have their install records written. If they want it in a certain
PID, then they can define that PID in the extension's configuration.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter