[TYPO3-realty] Spam problem, need easy solution

Christoph Stadler christophe at stadler.com
Tue Aug 9 13:32:59 CEST 2011

hello,

i have a site where the realty contact form is heavily spammed by some
bot since the contact form does not have a captcha protection.

As it is i had to take the mail form offline but need to find a simple
solution fast. Even if it's not the ultimate protection (i know
javascript is not a perfect solution) i just need this form to work
again and provide some protection.

so i'm looking at jQuery plugins but haven't had any luck getting one to
work, any of these solutions would be great:

http://visionwidget.com/tuts/webtuts/591-jquery-captcha-plugin-with-tutorial.html

but i'm not a php coder, i normally know how to make jquery plugins work
but not how to combine this with the realty contact form ...

i'm on 4.5.3 with the realty dev build 0.5.63

this is really an essential feature and it would be cool if someone
could help me get this to work so we could integrate it to the next
release or at least post some instructions here so everyone using realty
could implement this easily

any suggestions or help is welcome

PS: due to my lack of php and t3 extension development knowledge i can't
develop this myself but can maybe still be helpful in the proces of
documenting and implementing it ?

cheers

chris