[TYPO3-realty] Realty Objects - add new fields

Oliver Klee typo3-german-02 at oliverklee.de
Wed Feb 3 18:22:25 CET 2010

Hi,

Ada Borlovan schrieb:
> I want to add new fields to table realty_objects and depending on this field
> to hide or to show some other fields.
>
> The Problem is that I'm not sure how to do this. From where should I begin?
> What files should I edit?

Generally, I recomment creating a new extension for this. Otherwise, all
your nice changes would be overwritten by the next realty update.

IIRC, the kickstarter provides a way of adding new fields to existing
tables.

If you really want to edit the realty extension files (and never want to
upgrade the extension again), these are the ones you'll need to edit:

ext_tables.sql
locallang_db.xml
tca.php

Generally, both approaches require a good working knowledge of how TYPO3
extensions are created and what files do what.

Maybe the fields which you'd like to add are interesting for the
official version of the extension. If you think and either would like to
provide a high-quality patch or sponsor me for programming this, please
let me know.

Best regards,

Oliver
--
Certified TYPO3 Integrator | TYPO3 Security Team Member