[TYPO3-piwik] piwikintegration: integration with centralised piwik server

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Tue Feb 16 09:55:36 CET 2010

Am 15.02.2010 21:51, schrieb Stephan Petzl:
> i think the piwikintegration extension is great, but we are using a
> centralised piwik server for our web analysis, and as far as i know now,
> it is not possible to make them work together. piwikintegration needs a
> piwik server installation for each TYPO3 instance.
>
> would there be a way to make a single sign on with TYPO3 and piwik
> (without database access to TYPO3)

Hi Stephan,

currently not, as most people will have a problem with the complex
installation process.

What's possible and might also fit you needs, if you use a centralised
storage solution, is to use the same piwik installation (on file basis)
on different hosts (over the symlink).
The piwik-database needs to be in the one of TYPO3 - sry, but this is
the current state.

TYPO3 Database <-------- TYPO3 Host with piwik -------> SAN, NAS
      ^^----------------- Piwik Host            ---------^^

So Piwik can be delivered via the TYPO3 host and via the piwik host.

To solve the database problem there is the idea to allow a prefix for
the database table which will be appended with a '.' so that a different
database, on the same host, can be used for piwik.

Related Report:
http://forge.typo3.org/issues/show/5857

Thoughts:
Perhaps there will be a solution based on http://www.single-signon.com/
DiretSSO for TYPO3. The main Problem is finding a SECURE and EASY way of
sessionsharing between different hosts, what is basicly against the same
orign policy...

Best regards

Kay