[TYPO3-paymentlib] New maintainment for paymentlib - new future plans!

Udo.Gerhards@gerhards.eu paymentlib at gerhards.eu
Fri Jun 12 20:24:44 CEST 2009

Hi everyone,

after taking over the extension "paymentlib" as the new maintainer i
would introduce myself to you and give you a little overview for the my
next planned steps with this extension.

But first of all i would thank Robert Lemke for giving me the ability to
lead this project and for the chance to enhance this extension with new
functions!

So lets have a look of the enhancements which are planned for the near
future. These features should make the extension more comfortable for
using it with other (shop-)extensions and for using it as a stable base
for payment-extensions.

These are the  new plannings:

    * First, the currently used "Transaction"-array will be turned into
      a real "Transaction"-object with a defined interface. This will
      make it easier to exchange transaction-informations between
      paymentlib and shop.
    * A base basket-object will be added. This will enable
      payment-extension to send basket informations to their
      payment-provider by using the object directly or derivate own
      basket objects.
    * Optimizing and extending the transaction handling to enable the
      extension to manage different transactions from different
      payment-extensions.

I hope you appreciate this new features

If you have additional proposals, you're welcome! Please feel free to
post them to this mailinglist. I will collect this suggestions for a
view weeks and try to create a roadmap for futher developments from this.

If you would enhance our development team, you are also welcome! Please
join the project at forge.typo3.org or write me a little mail to
paymentlib at gerhards.eu <mailto:paymentlib at gerhards.eu> with your
username at forge.typo3.org.

Greetings