[TYPO3-paymentlib] Welcome to the paymentlib list

Tonni Aagesen goes.to at dev.null
Tue Feb 13 15:09:38 CET 2007

Hi,

Being the requester of this list, I thought it might be a good idea to
give some information about the motivation for creating this list.

Payment code library (extkey:paymentlib) was originally created and
developed by Robert Lemke, who presented his work a Tycon3 '05. I
offered Robert to take over the future development of paymentlib, and
therefore I'm now maintaining the extension. I'm currently employed at
PIL working mainly with the development of the danish gateway "quickpay".

paymentlib is meant to be an abstraction over payments via the Internet,
that can relatively easily be implemented in any extension. When an
extension supports paymentlib, any number of payment method extensions
(gateways) can added and configured for use by the extension. By using
paymentlib we can avoid that an arbitrary extension is hard coded to one
or more specific gateways. Instead we will some payment methods that can
be used in any extension supporting paymentlib.

My motivation for requesting this list is to have a place for discussing
paymentlib, methods and implementation of these in extensions.

Here is an overview of the current status for paymentlib support.

Currently paymentlib is supported by:
     - Event Database (extkey:rlmp_eventdb)

Support for paymentlib is planned or considered in:
     - Seminar Manager (extkey:seminars)
     - Shop System (extkey:tt_products)
     - Commerce (extkey:commerce)

Currently supported payment methods:
     - Payment method "iPayment" (extkey:paymentlib_ipayment)

Planned and upcoming payment methods
     - Payment method "PayPal" (extkey:paymentlib_paypal)
     - Payment method "quickpay" (extkey:paymentlib_quickpay)

Hopefully this list will grow rapidly.

If you are developing a payment method or an paymentlib supported
extension, feel free to contact me with any questions you might have.

If your would like paymentlib support in some extension, that you are
using, please ask the extension maintainer and perhaps point him/her to
this list.

The paymentlib source code is located at
http://sourceforge.net/svn/?group_id=91640 and can be browsed at
http://typo3xdev.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/typo3xdev/tx_paymentlib/

Enjoy :)

--