[TYPO3-news] [TYPO3-project-news] best practice - how can I use my own fields for news lists

Rolf Nakielski rolf at nakielski.de
Tue Feb 23 17:51:53 CET 2016

Hi all,

I extended the tx_news extension with some fields. One of them is a flag called "premium" to indicate some more valuable content. (Top news are already used for other stuff.) Now I would like to be able to generate lists of news with only "premium news". I would like to keep all the possibilities the flexform offers now (show topNews, use categories and so on) and add a selectbox with the options: "premium - don't care", "only premium", "no premium".

So I'll need to influence the flexform but also controller and repository to choose the right records? Or am I wrong?

Is there some "best practice" description for things like this anywhere in the net?
Has anybody done this before and can give me a hint?
I really would like to do it in a way that still allows me to use updates of this great extension.

thanks