[TYPO3-news] Template layouts

"HocomAdvies [  Wiechert Hooghwinkel "HocomAdvies [  Wiechert Hooghwinkel
Tue Nov 3 12:20:03 CET 2015

Hello,

I want to customize my News system a bit. I tried to implement different templates for list-view. First started as explained in the https://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/extensions/news/AdministratorManual/Templates/TemplateSelector/Index.html

Nothing happening in my BE and FE! So it seems that my config is nit used or implemented somehow I’m in typo3 6.2.6.

What did I do?

First copied all the EXT:news/Resources to my /fileadmin/Templates/ext/news/

This in in my TSconfig
### tx_news config // voor eigen layout - template etc.
plugin.tx_news {
	view {
		templateRootPaths {
			0 = EXT:news/Resources/Private/Templates/
			1 = {$plugin.tx_news.view.templateRootPath}
		}
		partialRootPaths {
			0 = EXT:news/Resources/Private/Partials/
			1 = {$plugin.tx_news.view.partialRootPath}
		}
		layoutRootPaths {
			0 = EXT:news/Resources/Private/Layouts/
			1 = {$plugin.tx_news.view.layoutRootPath}
		}
	}
}

This is in my Constants file:

plugin.tx_news {
       view {
               templateRootPath {
                       100 = fileadmin/Template/ext/news/Templates/
               }
               partialRootPath {
                       100 = fileadmin/Template/ext/news/Partials/
               }
               layoutRootPath {
                       100 = fileadmin/Template/ext/news/Layouts/
               }
       }
}

(as was discussed here in the list some time ago)

Then in my Page TS I added this:

tx_news.templateLayouts {
        99 = A custom layout
}

In the Partials I created a new CustomLayout (Front_page_teaser.html)

Made this available as new Layout through the List.html through a condition:

 <f:if condition="{settings.templateLayout} == 99">
                        <f:then>
                                        <f:for each="{news}" as="newsItem">
                                                <f:render partial="List/Front_page_teaser" arguments="{newsItem: newsItem, settings:settings}"/>
                                        </f:for>
                        </f:then>

Emptied the cache files and included a News plugin on a page. But there is no possibility to select an other template?

I tried with this in the new template to test: <f:debug>{settings.templateLayout}</f:debug> but receive no output (could be expected because nothing is loaded…)

The TSConfig and PageTS and Constants files are loaded. I can see that because other settings are available. Apparently I am overseeing something here? Anyone who can get me on the right track :)

Thanks.

Regards,
HocomAdvies

Wiechert Hooghwinkel