[TYPO3-news] News extension in multisite environment

Daniel Pomrehn post at daniel-pomrehn.de
Tue Dec 22 10:03:32 CET 2015

Hi!

I'm using this great extension since a long time on multiple single hosted Typo3 instances.

Now I'm migrating alle single hosted instances to a single new Typo3 7.6 multisite instance, to reduce my support time for multiple instances.

But unfortunatelly I'm running into trouble with the news extension. For every Site in the multisite environment I have a separate sysfolder "news" holding the categories and news entries. In Extension Manager I can set the option categoryRestriction to
actual site. Creating new news works fine. In every site I can see just the categorys belongig to this site.

But when I try to insert the news Plugin onto a site to display all news of a category I can select every category to be shown. But that is too much. The user should have just the choice between the categorys belongig to his site (his news sysfolder).

Is there a way to do this? Now he can choose one of 50 categorys but he owns just 5.

Thank you very much!

Best regards

Daniel