[TYPO3-news] [TYPO3-ttnews] category-list with all news

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Mon Aug 4 13:22:57 CEST 2014

I need to display all categories (from a list of categories) with count
and data of all news of these categories. This may include no news and
an appropiate message.

cat 1 (2 records)
   news 1 (cat 1)
   news 4 (cat 1)
cat 2 (0 records)
   no news in cat 2
cat 3 (1 record)
   news 3 (cat 3)
cat 4 (3 records)
   news 2 (cat 4)
   news 5 (cat 4)
   news 6 (cat 4)

TYPO3 is 6.1.10
news is 2.3.1

my experiments:
1. order news by 'categories' does not work as:
   a. categories without news are not shown
   b. there is no order by categories ('categories' is just a field with
reference-count. and that is 1 for all news)

2. show category menu:
   having one category:
	how can I access all news of this category?
	(how can I access the number of news of this category?)

how can this be done?

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html