[TYPO3-l10nmgr] RFC: The current Status and How should the Future of the L10N Manager be?

Olivier Dobberkau olivier.dobberkau at dkd.de
Mon Mar 17 12:57:32 CET 2014

Dear Members of the L10N Manager Team,

i would like to ask for your comments on the state of the Team and the
Extension.

It would be very kind from you if you could answer my questions about
the health of the team and its commitment to the product.

* Who is the the current leader of this project?
* What is the roadmap for the extension?
* Will the Extension work with 6.2?
* What needs to be done so that the extension can evolve?
* Do you see a risk of forking or abandoment of the code?
* What is done to attract contributors to the team?

Please do not understand this e-mail in a hostile way.

I am very aware of the maturity of the extension and its strategic
meaning for the enterprise class of TYPO3 CMS.

I just want to share my concerns as it seems that the team could need
some support to be back in action again.

Reading this

http://forge.typo3.org/projects/extension-l10nmgr/repository/revisions/79780/entry/trunk/README.txt

tells me that maintenance of the extension is split beetween different
committers. As you might know Andreas Otto has died in december 2013 and
it seems that Daniel Zielinkski would like to have so assistance here.

Hans Höchtl from typovision has offered his help here too and has
created some changes outside the forge world.

It would be great if we could merge efforts here.

Thanks for your time!

Best greetings,

Olivier