[TYPO3-l10nmgr] localization of existing Extension language files

Robert Williams Robert.Williams at stimme-der-hoffnung.de
Fri Nov 8 11:07:47 CET 2013

Greetings,

We have many homemade Extensions written and all use the .xml file format for language files. We would like to convert these to .xlf format. Is there an automated solution which we could apply across all our extensions?

We have investigated:
- The functionality of ExtDevEval and it works great to convert the files to the .xlf format, but it is a manual process (each Extension language file must be selected and converted singularly).
- XLIFF, we added the dependency into one of the extensions. Then removed the extension from TYPO3 and added the extension back. We do not see any .xlf files generated. (also, we would again have to touch every extension)
- there is also a tool ("llxml2xliff") which appears to be for the LINUX environment and appears to be a bit older (therefore not sure of it's status today) (https://github.com/dfeyer/llxml2xliff)

Do any other options exist for doing conversions of existing Extension language files in a batch mode?

Regards

Robert Williams B.S.
Web-Development

STIMME DER HOFFNUNG Adventist Media Center

Sandwiesenstr. 35
D - 64665 Alsbach-Haehnlein

Tel: +49 (0) 62 57 - 5 06 53-18
Fax: +49 (0) 62 57 - 5 06 53-70