[TYPO3-l10nmgr] How to exclude certain fields from tables

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Mon Sep 12 15:16:55 CEST 2011

Hi,

> Jigal van Hemert | alterNET internet BV schrieb:
>> If a text field contains /only/ a marker, it will most likely be of no
>> interest to translators. How about an option in the export dialogue to
>> filter fields with only a marker in them?
>
> How about advising the translator to ignore the marker by adjusting the
> appropriate settings in the CAT tool?

I just stumbled on that issue too. I think what would make the most
sense is to be able to exclude fields based on table and even on element
type/subtype (the powermail fields in question may contain something
else than a marker IIRC and it might then make sense to translate them
in such a case, but only for powermail plugin type).

I could imagine using TSconfig for such options.

Another solution could be edit to manipulate the file before final
output, using a hook. I've noticed that l10nmgr has no hooks, which is
surprising in such a complicated tool where custom workflows are
probably quite common, but at least it's not complicated to add some hooks.

Of course it's possible to inform the translators, but I would say this
is the least desirable course.

What's your opinion on the topic? I may have time to work on such a
feature (TSconfig or useful hooks) in the course of the project I'm
currently working on (no promises, but it's realistic), but it would be
best if we could agree on a preferred solution first.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter