[TYPO3-l10nmgr] Better support for TemplaVoila

Andreas Kiessling kiessling at pluspol.info
Fri Jun 24 13:44:46 CEST 2011

Hi Felix,

> With the proposed option the translations will be saved as new records
> like in normal templating mode (without TV). Afaik the langDisable
> already forces TV to add the translatiosn within a new tt_content entry.
> What exactly does langDatabaseOverlay when used with langDisable? I was
> not able to notice any differences in the DB.
>
> So, are there any disadvanteges when adding langDatabaseOverlay to
> langDisable in a already partly translated installation?

langDatabaseOverlay is just for l10nmgr and has nothing to do with
templavoila.
I don't know know, why it was introduced as a separate setting and i
didn't use l10nmgr myself, but a colleague did and showed me that
setting a while ago.

You'd probably better backup your db before trying it out.

> The hint with the enableLocalizationLinkForFCEs is great! I already
> missed these links, THX!

NP ;)

Regards,
Andreas