[TYPO3-l10nmgr] Import large translation fails on timeout

Jigal van Hemert | alterNET internet BV jigal at alternet.nl
Tue Dec 2 12:24:48 CET 2008

Hi Henjo,

2008/12/1 Henjo Hoeksma <hphoeksma at stylence.nl>

> why not (as temp solution) raise the max_execution_time value in your
> htaccess file?
> It works for me to keep on going.

There are two problems with this:

   1. the setting is a general setting for the entire site. As this is a
   live site I do not want to risk PHP processes running around for ages (and I
   don't know how long is enough for L10N Manager to complete the import).
   2. during the import there is no data coming from the server. I'm not
   sure, but there may be a proxy server in the clients network that will close
   the connection after the server stopped sending data to the client.

The biggest issue with the timeout is that I can't tell how far the import
has come. Otherwise I could remove that part from the XML and continue with
the rest of the import (if necessary multiple times).

Thanks for the suggestion!

Regards, Jigal.