[TYPO3-irre] IRRE usabillity improvements

Oliver Hader oh at inpublica.de
Thu Mar 8 18:21:48 CET 2007

Hi Nikolas,

Nikolas Hagelstein wrote:
> Hi,
> First of all: great work oliver.

Thanks! ;)

> I would like to suggest the following improvements:
>
> ATM it's possible to add a relation to particular record via "create
> new".
>
> I would suggest to split this functionality off into two seperated
> parts:
> "Add exsiting" and "create new" where:
>
> "Add existing": Just adds a relation( as implemented ATM) "Create new":
> Creates a new related record and the appropriate relation.
>
> Brought forward to the IRRE-Testsuite this would mean:
>
> tx_irretestsuite_ff_attr_company -> Add existing (Already implemented):

Okay, you're talking about the disposal of an intermediate table. Thus
it's a virtual m:n relationship.

> tx_irretestsuite_ff_attr_company -> Create new:
> - Enter a set or all fields of tx_irretestsuite_ff_attr_person (should
> be defined by TCA)
> - Create tx_irretestsuite_ff_attr_person record
> - Create relation in tx_irretestsuite_ff_attr_person_company
> - Finish

This is already possible and called "combined mode". It's possible to
edit the relationship itself (table person_company) and the related
child record itself (table person) at the same time. A side-effect would
be that it's possible to change existing child records which are related
to other parents.

Please have a look at the "IRRE Tutorial" or the diploma thesis and
search for the section "Appearance settings for TCEforms" and
furthermore for "Use combinded mode for complex relational editing".

You can try the following direct link to the IRRE Tutorial, but I don't
know if the link stays the same if I change the documentation next time:
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/extension-manuals/irre_tutorial/0.1.5/view/1/2/#id3488675

> Furthermore it would be great to have the opportunity to add more than
> one relation at once.

What exactly do you mean? It is possible to handle more relationships.
Can you give a short example please?

olly
--
Oliver Hader