[TYPO3 Introduction Package] [TYPO3-introduction-package] bitnami package

ben van 't ende ben.vantende at typo3.org
Wed May 23 10:49:14 CEST 2012

Heyla,

We have been in contact with Bitnami (http://bitnami.org/) about creating a
package for TYPO3. BitNami provides free, ready to run environments for your
favorite open source web applications and frameworks, including Drupal, Joomla!,
Wordpress etc. TYPO3 should not be missing there. We have had quite some
communication with them and the package is almost done. There is one question
remaining as far as I understood from Oliver, who has been in contact with them.
This is the last communication I had from them.

==========
We have a question about the config.baseURL. It is possible to change it and
clear the cache from the command line? Should this option work for us when an
user changes his domain? I find some information about how to do that from the
admin interface but we would like to automate this process.

We have also configured the absRefPrefix option and it works but we noticed that
the getting-started application button for "Log into Typo3" does not include the
prefix.

I'm not sure if I understand correctly the approach to configure the application
for public DNS host names. This is the approach that we should follow to create
the AMIs.

- We will the AMI with any domain.

domain = ec2-xx-yy-zz-amazonaws.com
absRefPrefix = /typo3cms

- We will create a script that checks the new public domain and change it in the
introduction.ts file during the boot.

domain = new-ec2-xx-yy-zz-amazonaws.com
absRefPrefix = /typo3cms

- It is necessary to clear the cache to the getting start guide application gets
the new IP.

Please let us know if you have any suggestion.

It would be cool if someone from you guys could take over. It would mean a lot
for TYPO3 if we have this easy installer. Maybe at a leter stage we can also
include the Government Package.

I have created an issue in Forge for this topic: http://forge.typo3.org/issues/37419

gRTz ben
--