[TYPO3-formidable] Multiple named submit buttons (or use AMEOSFORMIDABLE_SUBMITTER)?

Martin Terber mail at martinterber.com
Wed Oct 5 19:59:00 CEST 2011

Hi there, we are rendering one form in many different scenarios in an intranet platform.
As we are right now in a transition phase from html & php4/piBase coding to Formidable, I am looking for a solution to this function:

Up to now, all form variants have different submit buttons, e.g.:

  <input type="submit" value="Notify user" name="notify">
  <input type="submit" value="Store data" name="store_data">

The resulting action is chosen, depending if the regarding value in $_POST is given ($_POST['store_data'] etc.)

I noticed that the name of the Formidable submit button is not transmitted to $_POST (renderlet:SUBMIT)

Can I rebuild this function (multiple submit buttons, different name attribute) in Formidable, and how?
Or can I utilize the hidden Formidable fields (like AMEOSFORMIDABLE_SUBMITTER or AMEOSFORMIDABLE_ADDPOSTVARS) to switch between submit modes later?

--
Greets:
Martin Terber