[TYPO3-project-formidable] Lister and values

Izzie Greys izzie.greys at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 17:06:56 CEST 2009

Hello everybody,

I would like to know if what I want to do is possible or not :-)

I use a lister. In the header I have things like {category.label},
{title.label}.... Next, In the first row there are {category.value},
{title.value}...etc. But sometimes this values are too long for my table. I
would like to have somethings like :
For example :
category.value = "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz"
category.shortvalue = "abcdefghi..."
The shortvalue is the value cut at X characters.
You know?

So I would like to add a .shortvalue data. How can I do that? I tried to
look in the class.rdt_lister.php but I can't figure how to do this.
Some help would be great.

Thanks ^^

See you!

Izzie