[TYPO3-project-formidable] datahandler:DB: Question: Why doesn't save tstamp etc?

Hauke Hain newgrp at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 28 09:23:17 CET 2009

Hello,

in the datahandler db it is integrated for childs to save the following:
    $aChild = array();
    $aChild["sys_language_uid"] = $aNewI18n["sys_language_uid"];
    $aChild["l18n_parent"] = $aNewI18n["i18n_parent"]; // notice difference
between i and l
    $aChild["crdate"] = time();
    $aChild["tstamp"] = time();
    $aChild["cruser_id"] = $GLOBALS["TSFE"]->fe_user->user["uid"];
    $aChild["pid"] = $aParent["pid"];

It would be nice to have the following saved automatically:
    $aChild = array();
    $aChild["crdate"] = time();
    $aChild["tstamp"] = time();
    $aChild["cruser_id"] = $GLOBALS["TSFE"]->fe_user->user["uid"];
    $aChild["pid"] = $aParent["pid"];

I see, that this isn't already done because of possible user tables without
these fields.

But what do you think about a flag in XML like:
<fillStandardTYPO3fields>True</fillStandardTYPO3fields>
? If it is set cruser_id, crdate, tstamp and the pid are set.

I think that this could be handy for many people. To integrate that isn't
hard. Up to know I added this every time with beforeInsertion and with this
function I could save much code in my XML files.

If it is possible to integrate something like that to the svn I would
deliver a first working version for revision, if you ask and if it helps you
spending more time for something else.

Regards,
Hauke