[TYPO3-project-formidable] Getting Lister row uid in a runat="server" event please

David Green david at aikonmedia.co.uk
Thu Dec 24 02:22:03 CET 2009

Hi all,

This is my first go at Formidable and I've spent days and days trying to
figure it out. Please would some kind person tell me where I'm going
wrong here?

I'm making what should be a simple lister to manager FE user accounts,
where I have a column with a delete button. I've worked out from another
posting that I need to get the row id and that because it's a
runat="server" event, that the usual _getListData() approach doesn't
work. The posting just said use getParams() instead, but whatever
variety of this I try I just get no response. There is no error message,
just that nothing happens.

Any hints would be very much appreciated please.

<column type="renderlet:BUTTON" name="btn-delete" label="Delete">
   <onclick runat="server" when="start">
     <confirm>Are you sure you want to delete this user?</confirm>
       <userobj>
         <php><![CDATA[/*<?*/
										          //This doesn't work
           //$row = $oForm->oDataHandler->_getListData();
           //$row['uid'];

           $aParams = $this->getParams();
           $uid = $aParams["uid"];

           $GLOBALS["TYPO3_DB"]->exec_UPDATEquery(
             "fe_users",
             "uid='" . $uid . "'",
             "deleted='1'"
           );

         /*?>*/]]></php>
       </userobj>
     </onclick>
</column>

My first impressions are that Formidable it is amazingly powerful BUT
that for mere mortals like me, I would be so glad of a great deal more
documentation. Many of the examples assume a lot of knowledge before you
can even work out what to do with them. The case above demonstrate this,
where all I could find was "use getparams()", not the long form
$this->getParams(), or $this->oForm->getParams(), or whatever the
correct format is. The short form is very hard to use without that extra
background information.

Thanks very much indeed for Formidable. A little extra documentation
would make it able to reach so many more people than at present. I've
spent over a week now trying to get to grips it and it is THE hardest
thing I've ever had to do in 6 years of building Typo3 sites. It's an
impressive tool, but boy oh boy is it difficult. Particularly as I need
to make everything accessible (for schools, so must have this) and most
of the examples show things done in Ajax and not the slightly different
non-Ajax way.

Merry Christmas to you
Best wishes
David