[TYPO3-project-formidable] Simple Email Form with Formidable

Jason Alexander jalexander at digipen.edu
Thu Aug 20 20:00:26 CEST 2009

Hello all,

Please excuse my beginner questions as I am new to Formidable and how
it works. I have successfully followed the "quick-start" tutorial on http://formidable.typo3.ug/
  inserted the plugin on the page and it looks great. Now of course I
would like to actually get it to work.

I am trying to create a simple email form. I have looked and looked
and have found very limited documentation on this simple task. In the
reference section on the website I found an actionlet that sends email
with a actionlet:USEROBJ (which I am unfamiliar on how to use this
snippet of code) Here is the code:

<actionlets>
	<actionlet:USEROBJ>
		<userobj>
			<php><![CDATA[/*<?php*/
			$aFormData = $this->oDataHandler->_getFormData();
			$this->sendMail(
				$aFormData["txtEmailTo"],
				$this->getLLLabel("LLL:EXT:myext/locallang.xml:email.bodytext"),
				$this->getLLLabel("LLL:EXT:myext/locallang.xml:email.subject"),
				"typo3dev at ameos.com",
				"AMEOS Webmaster",
				"replyto at ameos.com",
				"AMEOS Reply service"
			);
			/*?>*/]]></php>
		</userobj>
	</actionlet:USEROBJ>
</actionlets>

I also found in the manual_formidable_byex.pdf you can use server
events to execute a send email:

<renderlet:BUTTON label=”Press here to send me an email”>
     <onclick runat=”server”>
         <userobj>
             <php><![CDATA[
		$to = 'typo3dev at ameos.com';
		$subject = 'FORMidable::server event';
		$message = 'Hey, this works nice !';
		$headers = 'From: formidable at ameos.com' . "\r\n" .
		mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers);
             ]]></php>
         </userobj>
     </onclick>
</renderlet:TEXT>

Could someone kindly send me an example on how to create a simple
email form that sends email or explain how to do this, maybe a
tutorial or a helpful link (any help would be greatly appreciated). In
basic PHP it takes only minutes. But I know using formidable can
benefit greatly if I can just figure out some of the basics.

Thanks in advance (Sorry for the long email)

Jason R Alexander