[TYPO3-project-formidable] SEARCHFORM: Documentation

Gary Wong gary.wong at spingroup.com
Thu Aug 20 16:30:01 CEST 2009

Along the same topic of the searchform + no-cache...

I have a basic page that uses a SEARCHFORM and a LISTER.
In the search results, the LISTER shows a list of records.  Each record
is then linked to a detail view.
Very basic stuff.
The problem is that if I am using IE 7, and I click on one of those
records to go to the detail view, then click the browser's BACK button,
I get the IE message "the webpage has expired".  This does not happen
with Firefox.

This is because the no-cache and expires:0 headers are sent.

To get around this, I added these lines in an init routine which I
placed in the SANDBOX, and which is called first:

// set cache for 6 hours - otherwise IE gives the ugly Webpage Expired
message.
header("Cache-Control: must-revalidate");
$offset = 60 * 60 * 6; // 6 hours
$ExpStr = "Expires: " . gmdate("D, d M Y H:i:s", time() + $offset) . " GMT";
header($ExpStr);

Hope this helps someone!
Gary