[TYPO3-project-formidable] defaultvalue bug in text renderlet

Gary Wong gary.wong at spingroup.com
Fri Sep 19 07:27:03 CEST 2008

Hi, I'm new to the list, and first of all a big "good job" so far to the
Formidable developers.  The extension is creative and innovative.

I just started using it, and ran into a quick problem.  I cannot find a
bug tracker... so I thought I'd join the list.

I'm using 2.0.248.

Here's what I'm trying to do - use the defaultvalue of a very basic text
renderlet to prefill some fe_user info:

<renderlet:TEXT name="lastname"        label="Last Name">
    <data>
        <defaultvalue>
            <userobj>
                <php><![CDATA[
                return $GLOBALS["TSFE"]->fe_user->user['last_name'];
                ]]></php>
            </userobj>
        </defaultvalue>
    </data>
</renderlet:TEXT>

I get an error like this:

*Warning*: htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, array
given in
*/home/typo3/installation_ami/typo3conf/ext/ameos_formidable/api/base/rdt_text/api/class.tx_rdttext.php*
on line *22*

*Warning*: htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, array
given in
*/home/typo3/installation_ami/typo3conf/ext/ameos_formidable/api/base/rdt_text/api/class.tx_rdttext.php*
on line *24*

I traced the problem to the base class "class.mainrenderlet.php", line
344 or so:

                $mValue = $this->oForm->callRunneable($this->aElement,
$mValue);

I believe this should be:

                $mValue = $this->oForm->callRunneable($mValue);

It works for me!  But, someone please check to make sure it's not
missing something.

If there's a bug tracker somewhere (the sourceforge one is empty),
please someone let me know.  I hope I can help debug as I go.

Cheers!
Gary Wong