[TYPO3-project-formidable] Renderlet:LISTER pass variables

Benjamin Fischer mailbox at typedown.com
Wed Mar 12 09:37:23 CET 2008

Dear Formidable Community,

first of all I would like to thank the Ameos TYPO3 Dev Team and all
the other developers who contributed in the great progress of
Formidable.  I tried to keep track of all the new developments in the
last year and finally had a client project where I could use this
framework. In the last two days I started to work on a search/list
application to display the entries of a tracking log to display user
interaction. Thanks to Formidable I was able to accomplish most of the
features in only two days and already have a working demo application.

I have a question concerning the passing of variables to a search-form
and renderlet:LISTER. I am trying to send some variables with GET
parameters to be able to access search results with a special link.
For example on a user-page a link to all the e.g. uploads of this
user. The link should be something like index.php?
id=144&report[keyword]=JPG&report[users]=664&report[action]=4 for all
JPG by user-id 664 and action upload.

I am able to pre-fill this data in the search-form with these
variables using the special link but do not succeed in getting the
right search-results like submitting the form with these values. I
have tried getting the values from the parent in a userobj but
unfortunately it changed nothing.

Then I searched for Formidable applications that use this sort of
feature and found a similar thing on http://www.30millionsdamis.fr
there the search-word appears in the url after the first submission
like: http://www.30millionsdamis.fr/agir-pour-les-animaux/adoptez-moi/rechercher-un-animal-a-adopter/rechercher-un-animal-a-adopter.html?&tx_ameos30madoption_recherche
[fake_motsclefs]=Blanc changing the parameter to e.g.
_ameos30madoption_recherche[fake_motsclefs]=Noir gets the new results
an fills the search-form with the new keyword.

Does anyone have an idea how I could develop a similar feature, and
maybe how could it be possible to always "transport" the search
features in the url for maybe forwarding the search result link to
someone by email?

Best regards, keep up the great work!

Benjamin Fischer

--