[TYPO3-project-formidable] Bug with Listbox in edition

Luc Muller l.mul-nospam-ler at ameos.com
Wed Jul 23 15:25:37 CEST 2008

To illustrate with an example, we can imagine that :
we have a list box with color's eyes of the user, a listbox with his favorite sport's, a listbox with his favorite food...

If I show the edition form with blank item, the user who is editing the record don't know what are the good value in db.

>>> IF the value is not set in the DB then the blank one will be shown

 If he just want to change the favorite sport's, he must select also the food but he don't know what it is because this is stored in db and don't show in the listbox with no selected item.

>>> not at all.

if values are already set in the db, then the db values will be selected.
If the values are empty in the db, then the first blank item will be shown.

By the way, if you do  not want to have a "blank" item at the top you can specify it's caption to "choose *field*" and leave its value empty.

Is this ok, or are we still missing something. this seems very strange to me, I havn't already met any problems with the listbox in two years of use...

Luc =:0)