[TYPO3-project-formidable] Bug with Listbox in edition

Luc Muller l.mul-nospam-ler at ameos.com
Wed Jul 23 13:51:50 CEST 2008

Well, basically, in this state of art,

there's a simple point to solve completely your problem : dont have a
default value...

If you have an "add new user" form, you can want that the title "Mr" is selected, because in your case, theire are more Mr than Miss in your company.

 I think it's just a cosmetic feature to avoid one clic to the male
users (and a little discrimination ***joking***).

in the case you don't have a default value, if the value is empty, the
first one will be shown :"MR or blank" depending if you got a blank item
or not.

if the value is set, then the correct value will be selected

for now, by our side, the only point is that we can't change the way it
works, because of retrocompatibility, and implement something like that
I have previously told.

but, in your case, and for the moment, I suggest you not to use default
value, and leave a blank item at the top of the listbox...

If possible.

Luc Muller =:0)

--

*Luc Muller*